Never meant to Know

To be faithful, that's what He asks. That's all. Faithful in the every-day; faithful in the discouragement; faithful when nothing makes sense.
 I was having a moment: a moment of euphoria, contentment, satisfaction! Joyously, He took my hand and showed me that word over and over again: faithfulness. It was easy to see it! I smiled at all the moments when I had felt the pain and difficulty of it's forging: loneliness, blindness, physical weakness, confusion. I felt like I was being lead past each chasm that had land-marked a specific part of my year--and person. I was rejoicing in His faithfulness, but He wanted me to also see a pattern in each season. The pattern of my "nothingness." Each chasm required nothing but one foot in front of the other. Truly. I didn't know what the next step would bring, and I didn't know where I was going, what to think, but I wasn't supposed to. 
 It's been said before, many times, "we aren't meant to know."  Until I paused to reflect on the places He had taken me, the truth had only penetrated skin-deep. The Lord was clearing my eyes and blessing me with a heavenly perspective! As I was "lead" past the challenges, everything fit perfectly in a sideways, skewed-kind of way. The unknowns became known, the difficulties were justified, the heartaches had purpose...without any answers--just the simple assurance that I was "never meant to know." I am only meant to be faithful. One step at a time. 
 I try so hard to figure it all out, fit the pieces together--learn something! Where is He taking me? What should I be learning, grasping? Am I supposed to be here? His answer is always to be faithful. Be faithful to the truth of scripture. Be faithful as a light-bearer. Be faithful as beloved child of God. Whatever comes--storm, sunshine, fog--the call is always the same. 
 Though God delights in communicating with His children, what if you never heard or sensed Him again. Could you be faithful to the end, knowing that He remains as true today as He did yesterday? We were never meant to control our lives, know what's next, or understand every complexity; how grateful I am! At the end of the day, I can still be human, and I'm only asked to take one step at a time, fixing my eyes on Jesus! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts