Of Norway & Light


The "hi, hi," the bright eyes, the vibrant hillside, the rich earth-tones of red, mustard, blue, yellow, cream, and brown homes dotting the coastline all speak of the Norwegian artistry. I found myself marveling at the little details behind every store-front window, or knitted into their infamous "woolens."
     They are story tellers--lively, with their quick, signature breath leading to the climax of their excitement. They have a laugh that makes you want to sit and listen for a while.




13 September
   I just got done chatting with Wince and Eli (Ellie) in the living room. Wince loves story-telling, and he is so expressive! Earlier today, we chatted with a man who had lived in Bergen all his life. He talked about the weather and how we must just "let it be" (so it is...so it is). After he told some engaging stories, he suddenly said, "I think it's time for coffee" and he went off! I thought, "now there's a Norwegian!" 







Later that evening on September 13th, I watched the sun turn a deep gold. We were tired and driving back from our ferry trip to Bergen, but I kept glancing at the sky. I knew the sunset would be incredible on the ocean if I could catch it. The car pulled up, I grabbed a coat and began running the 3 kilos to the beach nearby. I had to go.

After my heart nearly pounded out of my chest (yes, it was only 3k!), I stopped short on the rough, wooden planks leading to the gold-reflecting water. It was stunning, and my eyes were fixed.

Watching the colors fade on tumbling, emerald waves, I realized how much I would do to catch the Light. I smiled and marveled at the grace. I would never want the Light on my own--there's no way! To intentionally walk into a space where every dark, sinful nature is completely exposed? No thank you. Being blissfully unaware of this fleshly nature is far more comfortable.

But then He captivated me, and I couldn't take my eyes away.



                                                       Norway: September 10-15
                                              Photographer Amanda Lindstrom <3








Comments

  1. LeAnna your heart and thoughts are so encouraging. You paint such a beautiful warm picture. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts