Found

Slowly, I turn my sun-lit head:
Eyes bright, I look back in laughter.
White, turquoise-splashed waves crash.
We run--run toward wild beauty.

I feel myself being drawn away.
In longing, I reach for the mist;
Like a satin ribbon, reality slips gently,
And a muffled cry sounds from within.

Slowly, I turn my sun-lit head:
Eyes bright, I look back in laughter.
Endless blue stretches before me,
And in quiet faith I step forward.

Fingers grow cold from the pain of letting go;
I grope for solid ground and fall--
To my knees I fall--where I learn to hope.
Clouds cover my eyes, and it softly rains.

In the dirt, I find gold and ashes.
As I finger the bright pebble, light penetrates.
Toward the endless blue I rise;
Captivated, my feet begin to move forward.

Each moment presses me toward perspective.
Each misty memory creates ground beneath,
and I fly upward toward constancy
Forever grateful for the light behind me.

A testimony of my year in a poem (written a few months ago). God has faithfully lead me to a place where He is most glorified in my weakness in the change, unknown, mystery, and beauty. Be blessed by these simple words! 

Comments

Popular Posts