In Grace

"May He grant you your hearts desire and fulfill all your plans!"   Psalm 20:4
     Grace upon grace has overwhelmed my soul. This is it: tomorrow is my last day doing mission work in Costa Rica. I can't believe the day has come when I must say goodbye once again. As I've reflected and meditated on scripture and my time here, I'm blinded by grace. Grace for the moment, grace for the future, and grace in the past. The Lord has made a way! I've discovered an abundance of wealth in Him as He's written this chapter of on my life; how beautiful to be sanctified! I want to write rich words to express my time here, but words seem inefficient.
     Moment by moment I lived. Some days, I forgot who I was. I became entangled in guilt and lies, but new mercies always came. The tangle only magnified the greatness of God. I would fall to my knees, and the Lord would remind me that I was in a perfect posture to worship. I would taste joy and love, peace and comfort: grace penetrated my heart.
     Grace has poured over my future as the Lord reveals His heart and purpose for my life. I came here with a question, and the Lord answered it. Satan attempted, mightily, to discourage me, but God has graciously protected me from desertion. Missions is forever on my heart, and I will wait--excited, expectant, eager--to see where He takes me next!
     My past difficulties and questions have been pulled up and examined in the quiet moments of the past 6 months. Praise God, He is healing, restoring, and revealing Himself to my heart. The road has been long and hard, but His love never fails. The darkness and confusion have begun to settle into the Father's hands. It's just the beginning of discovery, but I know He will make a way. He has prepared me for something beautifully specific, and every moment leads to that purpose.
     Grace has tied relationships together (a post about the lovely people I've done life with will surely come!); grace has brought me to the dwelling place; grace has opened my eyes and ears; grace has given me rest and joy through it all.
 "'For the mountains may depart and the hills may be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,' says the Lord who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

Comments

Popular Posts