Story of Redemption (Pt 1)

    "When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the LORD GOD, and became mine." 
                                                                                         Ezekiel 16:8

     Soft moss sunk beneath my feet. A lovely green filled the air; and heavy-laden, lush bows hung down in welcoming arms. Light filtered in through the thick trunks, gleaming on the forest floor. It was all too good. My heart got caught in my throat as I felt shame for entering. Who am I to be here? to experience this? Who am I knock on the Father's door? Then, behind a soft bow, I saw it: a feast, set on a table, prepared in the midst of all the natural greenery.
     Hesitating, I began to turn away; my hands felt clammy and my legs were weak. Before I disappeared behind a tree, a gentle voice penetrated the air: "come, my daughter! I have prepared this for you!"
     Dread washed over me for an instant, but something else pushed it's way into the layers of my soul, and I slowly walked toward the beautiful table. Oh, how splendid everything was! For a moment, I forgot my fear as I approached the glorious gift!
               Then my eyes fell to my bare feet and legs. 
     "I couldn't be here! Not like this. I must wash first, at least change my grubby clothes..."
A sound too deep for words caused me to look upward suddenly; that's when I caught His gaze. The beautiful wood, feast, and sunlight all faded; it was just Him and me. I allowed my heart to be lifted up on wings as I set my eyes on His magnificent face. I soared! My dirt forgotten, I rested in complete peace in His presence.
      But then, it seemed too good. I couldn't think of anyone who could forgive the grime I brought to the table; it was just too much! Fear and condemnation gripped me, and sobs sounded from my heavy chest as I considered how I could ever leave the table and survive without Him. . . .

Comments

Popular Posts