Story of Redemption (Pt 2)

"Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk." 
                                                                                             Ezekiel 16:9-10
     Separation seemed only natural as I considered the ways of man. Love couldn't live in my filth, and it could never disappear by just lingering at the table, right? There was no place to wash myself, or change my grimy clothes. I would need to leave, find work, buy new clothes, and return later...
  Again, a sob left my strained throat: I had tasted and seen Him. How could I possibly leave?
I was in such turmoil. My heart did battle within me. My head ached, and I began to walk away. I had to leave. I carried too much to set down on this forest floor.
     He said my name. I halted. "Why are you leaving, my child?" By now, tears rolled down my dirt-stained cheeks: "I must go, Father! I must clean myself in order that I may be in your presence. I want to enjoy you, but I must do first."
   "The dirt you speak of, where is it?" I pressed a cold finger tip to my cheek and along my arm; I fingered a tear in my dress, and looked up, "there, Father."
    Confused, He came around the big, mossy table to where I stood under the bows. "There, daughter?" He touch the streaks my fingers had just traced. I lifted my chin, quivering, and felt the strength evaporating from my already-weak frame. His gentle hand touched each tatter, scar, and streak.
    I looked into His eyes, and for a moment I could see what He saw: light--perfect light. Each streak I had so-pointedly shown Him, each place that represented a deep sorrow and sin was illuminated! Even brighter than the rest of my already-angelic creature, in His eyes!
  "How can this be?"I managed to whisper with emotion.
  "My glory has made you perfect. In your weakness, I am magnified; and for this holiness, my Son has redeemed you! This is who you are, daughter! I've seen you before, but love has always been. I loved you before you knew it was love."

Comments

Popular Posts