New Zealand to Costa Rica!

Richly blessed.
 I've decided to start a blog to keep everyone posted on my travels!
I know there has been some confusion, but I recently returned from New Zealand where I attended Bible college. Now, I'm off to Costa Rica for about 6 months to serve the Smith Family as a mission nanny (missionnannys.org). I'm excited about this new chapter that the Lord is preparing for me. It's been a blessing to return home and be refreshed for the past month. God has blessed me with such an incredible family! I'm so grateful for their generosity and support in this crazy time of my life.
 Richly blessed doesn't even come close to the experience I've had this year. In May, I graduated from high school and was ushered into a very difficult summer as the Lord prepared me for Bible college (more on that later!). In August, I left to travel across the world to spend 4 months in a deeply encouraging, deeply challenging time with incredible people. Upon returning home, I've experienced a lot of heartache: I left a country that sings the song of my heart and many people who joined in the beautiful chorus. I miss New Zealand, and I dearly miss my friends, but there is so much hope: God uses each moment in life to prepare us for what's next. I love to dwell on this hope! In light of my rich experience in New Zealand, I'm finding it difficult to transition home (another post for that, too, perhaps!).
 The thought of moving to another country excites me greatly! He is so faithful to place us where we need to be--whether we recognize it or not. My sister-in-law, Hannah, just excitedly revealed to me that God knows us far better than we could know ourselves; therefore, each place we are lead to will be an answer to our hearts desire--whether we are stripped raw in a desolate place and lead closer to the Lord, or are able to bask in His infinite beauty somewhere stunning. In the end, we desire the heart of God. May He lead me where I need to go!

 Well, that is the past 8 months in a nutshell! Please pray for me as I prepare to leave for Costa Rica in 12 days! God is faithful; I am weak. Earnestly pray that I can rest in His faithfulness as I embark on a new adventure! 

Comments

Popular Posts