Abide

Gentleness blows across tear-streaked face.
Beauty dances on soft breezes.
     My Savior pursues me.
Beneath leafy, golden canopies, joy abounds.
Thick, mossy grass carpets the ground under burdened feet,
     And I'm caught up in majesty.
Tables of bounty are set in the shade of the oak.
A rippling stream welcomes sorrows.
     A Shepherd awaits me.

Eyes seeking, I catch a glimpse of glory.
In laughter and rest, I reach for fullness.
     Heaven waits.
Sunshine lights a worn path, and I worship.
Rain begins to fall and I lift tattered hands.
     Joy captivates me.
God laughs a laugh of satisfaction and pleasure,
And radiance envelopes my soul.
     Glory stirs in hope.

Wet hair clings to bare arms,
But each drop brings more delight and understanding.
     Worship lifts.
Running, eager feet fly across fertile grounds of comfort;
Redemption and perseverance flow freely.
     Heaven sings.
In completion, the discovery of life brings freedom.
In victory, all meaning is satisfied.
     Rest enters.

Riches stream from a generous sky.
Peace floods open pastures.
     I choose to stay here.

Comments

  1. Leanna, I am so encouraged by you. Thank you for being so real..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheyenne, it's totally the Lord. Sometimes I re-read my posts and I wonder how I could've ever posted it... love you, beautiful girl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts