How it All Began

It all started when I sat next to a kind young woman on the airplane. After nine hours of flying, we started to chat over our shared exhaustion and aching bodies. Eventually she heard that I was headed to Costa Rica next. "How will you share your updates with people while you're there?"

I paused. I guess the thought hadn't quite entered my New Zealand-absorbed mind. "I don't know," I said flatly.

She looked at me, clearly wondering how she should proceed. "Will you be doing mission work?" She asked hesitantly.

I nodded. "Then people must be updated!!" Her eyes grew bright and I knew the Spirit within her. "Have you considered starting a blog?"

What an idea, I thought. "I want to hear updates, so please think about it! We need to know what's happening while you're there." She smiled and I smiled back, feeling an excitement rising within me.

And that's how it all started. A simple conversation on an airplane, jet lagged with blood-shot eyes. But the Lord used this sweet sister to push me toward something I probably would've never thought of on my own. And she has no idea what impact her words made on me! She never will.

In starting this blog, I discovered this chamber of zeal and fervor that had been stirred only through daily journaling. As I faithfully wrote post after post, my love for words became more defined and polished. In just months, I started to passionately pursue an English degree--sure that this was the "golden thread" that wove everything together.

You never know how the Lord will use your words to impact someone! And you never know how the Lord will make His calling clear to you, His cherished child.

Comments

Popular Posts